Here is how to watch Amazon rentals with filters on VidAngel:
**Please note: We recommend that you do not purchase directly on Amazon and then come to VidAngel to watch. You will want to follow these steps to purchase or rent a title to watch with VidAngel filters in order to avoid potential issues starting the title in VidAngel.
- Find a title, either on the VidAngel mobile app or web, that you would like to rent or purchase (it must be a title that's available to filter through VidAngel).
- Click "Watch with Amazon".
- You will see a "Purchaseable Content" popup. You can choose "Nevermind" to go back or "Let's Go!" to take you directly to Amazon to rent/purchase the title.
- After you've rented/purchased the title, click the Close button in the app or "X" to close the Amazon tab on your browser and you will be taken back to the VidAngel app.
- Set your filters and watch your movie right there in the app or on the web with the "Watch Now" button. You can also choose "Send to TV" to watch through your favorite streaming device.
- If you'd like to watch an Amazon purchase/rental on the VidAngel Roku app or the Apple TV app, you need to purchase the title through the mobile app or web first (instructions above). You can then find the same movie on the VidAngel Roku app and/or Apple TV app, set your filters and click on "Watch Now".
*Note: With very few exceptions, VidAngel currently only offers filters for the Theatrical versions of films. We are not yet compatible with versions with Bonus Feature, Director / Extended cuts, or UHD/4K versions. Please rent/purchase the version you are directed to.
- View this Amazon link to make sure you own the movie: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/library/movie
- Ensure you're using the same Amazon account both online and at VidAngel. It is important just to make sure. (Seems silly, I know, but many families have more than one account)
- Is it a "Friends and Family" account (where you aren't the account owner but it's been shared with you through the prime sharing program?) or a Business account? If so, VidAngel does not currently work well with these types of accounts and you may not get it to play through VidAngel.
- Try refreshing your Amazon connection (only available through the web or mobile app). Go to Me > Manage Streaming Services. Use the toggle button to disconnect and reconnect your Amazon account. Then return to the movie and try once again.
If you're still having trouble, then support needs more information from you:
Here is how you can send us what we need:
- Log into Amazon and go to your Library page: Your Amazon Video Library
- Click on the movie or episode that is giving you trouble.
- Copy the URL in the address bar and send us the link.
Your link address should look similar to this:
You can contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org