We're so excited for you to use VidAngel on your Roku. Install the VidAngel Roku channel using the instructions below. (NOTE: The VidAngel channel is not currently available in the Roku store.)
- In a web browser, go to https://my.roku.com/add/vidangel and sign in.
- You’ll be shown a warning box.
- Note: It’s nothing to worry about; just letting you know that our channel is in beta testing.
- Click “ok"
- Click "Yes, add channel”
- Go to your Roku and select Settings >> System >> System Update
- Click “Check now”
- After completing these steps, the new Roku channel will appear in the Home section with your other channels
*Note: If you choose to subscribe on your Roku, you can only unsubscribe on Roku.com. If you subscribe at www.VidAngel.com, you can manage your account on our website.
Linking to your VidAngel Account
To link your VidAngel Account to your Roku, follow these instructions:
- Make sure you have installed the VidAngel Channel according to the instructions above.
- Open the VidAngel Channel and under the "Settings" menu, select "Link Account." A 5-letter code will appear on your screen.
- Log in to your account at www.vidangel.com then go to your profile in the upper right corner > DEVICES, or click here: https://www.vidangel.com/devices.
- Enter the device type, a recognizable name for your device (e.g. Theater Room Roku), and enter the 5 digit device code as it appears on your screen.
- After finishing the steps above, the Roku will link to your account and refresh. This process can take 2-3 minutes.
- Set your default filters at www.vidangel.com/filters
- You're all set! Enjoy your movie!
- From our homepage, go to SETTINGS > CONNECT STREAMING SERVICES.
- Select CONNECT to the right of the service.
- Log into your account using your credentials for that specific service.
- That's it! Once you are connected, you will see a blue check mark next to the service.
- Make sure that you are connected to your streaming services.
- Find the movie you would like to watch and select CHANGE FILTER.
- Set your filters.
To activate a filter, click (or swipe) over to the sound or movie icon for the filter you want, then click Select.
If the filter is gray with a line through it, you will not see or hear those items.
If the filter is white and fully visible, you will see and hear those items.
Clicking on the blue arrow will expand each category, allowing you to filter a subcategory or a specific word in the movie.
Once your filters are set, press SAVE FILTERS and enjoy your movie. For more information on how to set filters, check out this article.
If you have any trouble, contact us at support@vidAngel.com.