If I invest, do I earn money if The Chosen makes money?
- Yes. As an owner of The Chosen, you would be entitled to your share of the proceeds that management of The Chosen determines can be distributed.
Is The Chosen the same company as VidAngel?
- No. The Chosen is a legal entity that is a separate and distinct company from VidAngel, Inc. Commitments on this form show interest in investing in The Chosen, not VidAngel, Inc.
If I fill out the pledge form, do I have to invest?
- No. This form merely saves your spot in line so we can reach out to you first when The Chosen investment opportunity is qualified by the SEC. Once you have filled out this form, we will keep you up to date on the SEC qualifying process and will notify you of the official date when you can invest. Submitting your information today gives you a first-mover advantage to put money into The Chosen when our investment opportunity is qualified.
What day can I start investing?
- Once you submit this form, your spot in line will be saved. We will notify you by email and/or text when official investing will begin. Once we are qualified by the SEC for our Regulation A+ offering, you may invest in The Chosen. Our current best estimate is that funding will begin this summer.
What is the minimum / maximum investment required or allowed?
- For the minimum and the maximum we are asking you to indicate your expected investment to give us an idea how much people would like to invest. Investment sizes will be determined as we prepare the offering.
What form of payment will you accept for investment?
- We plan to be able to take credit cards and ACH, but we will announce forms of payment when the SEC has finalized qualification of this project. Submit your info on this page and we will keep you informed when the SEC qualifies The Chosen for Regulation A+.
How is "Regulation A+" different than an IPO?
- You can read more about Regulation A+ here.
If VidAngel has an adverse ruling in the current filtering lawsuit, how will that impact my investment in The Chosen?
- Because they are separate and distinct companies, the lawsuit against VidAngel has no impact on The Chosen production budgets and creation process.
Why is VidAngel raising money for The Chosen?
- VidAngel has a two-fold mission:
- Make filtering easy, inexpensive, and accessible to everyone.
- Use filtering as a feedback loop to make better content.
- Dry Bar Comedy proved that VidAngel Studios can produce content that competes with studio content (55 million minutes viewed in the last quarter of 2017 and consistently the top program on the VidAngel streaming app). The Chosen is VidAngel Studios’ first audience funded production to expand the content to high quality TV shows and film. Great TV shows generate huge audiences on VidAngel. For example, Stranger Things exceeded 30 percent of all minutes watched on the platform following its Halloween launch.