We are so sorry your movie isn’t working. We want to help!
General Troubleshooting Steps
Our mobile app is the device that will hold your connection to your services. Let's troubleshoot there first and make sure we can get your movie/show working on your mobile device. There are a few tried-and-true steps that seem to help way more often than you would think. Before moving on to any other troubleshooting steps, let's have you delete the mobile app and reinstall it following these instructions:
- Go to ME in the VidAngel mobile app and disconnect from Amazon and/or Netflix
- Log out of the VidAngel mobile app
- Hard close (force close) the VidAngel app
- Delete the VidAngel app
- Update the mobile device
- Reboot your mobile device
- Reinstall the VidAngel app
- Log back in
- Go back to ME in the app and reconnect to Amazon and Netflix.
- Retry your show on the mobile app.
If it works on your app, you can try to cast to your TV devices. If you're using the Roku TV app or the Apple TV app go to CONNECT on the VidAngel TV app and click on SYNC, then try the show again.
It can also help to reboot your internet router and modem, and, if applicable, the device you're casting to (Roku, FireTV, etc.).
Next, make sure your subscription is active or a free stream from the Pay It Forward program is available. (The free stream is automatic if it is available.) You can check your subscription status on our website in the top right under the profile name > Settings/Subscription > "Monthly Subscription".
There are a few other minor issues that could be causing the hiccups you’re seeing. Here are a few things to check:
- Account Screens. If all of your allowed screens are in use, your movie won’t play through VidAngel (the best way to check this is to go to Netflix/Amazon and try to play the movie directly).
- Verification Issues: If the movie does not verify, what does the error say?
- If it says try again in a few minutes, please wait for a few minutes and then try again.
- If it says the movie cannot be found or is no longer available, verify that the title is offered on Amazon or Netflix still. They change their movie options all the time. If the movie is available on Amazon or Netflix but you get the error that it is not, we can help! Just send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your error is about login credentials, that means your connection to Amazon or Netflix is no good. Please verify the correct login credentials by logging into Amazon or Netflix on that device. Next, return to the VidAngel app and press the menu button "ME" and then Manage Streaming Services to disconnect and then reconnect your streaming service.
- Do you have a child profile as the main profile on Netflix? PIN numbers work with VidAngel, but child profiles will not. Please be sure to protect your movies with a PIN instead of a child's profile.
- Is this movie a rental? When movies aren't available through Amazon Prime or Netflix, they could be a movie that needs to be rented or purchased before watching. When this is the case, you must buy or rent the movie on Amazon. You can do this by searching for the movie in VidAngel and following the steps to purchase or rent the movie right through your VidAngel app.
- Is the service the movie is from listed? When movies are taken off or added to a streaming service, our system may not update with the change. If the service is not listed, then we will need to change it in our system. Some titles will need us to filter the new version and update our system. Please reach out to us at Support@VidAngel.com and let us know.
Try changing your filter combinations and re-loading the movie if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Spinning wheels of death / long movie loading times
- Only the VidAngel pre-movie bumper video plays
- The error “HLS Video Not Available” appears in top corner
- Movie stalls or gives a grey box with the movie title
It may take a few attempts, but a filter change could solve it. If it does, please reach out to us at email@example.com so we can look into this error further.
If you see movies where ALL of the filters are automatically selected when you load the movie, this is a sign the movie is experiencing the same error as above. It is possible that a filter change will help this movie play as well -- but if that doesn’t work please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Other Troubleshooting Suggestions
- Check your device: What device are you using to watch the movie? Remember, only the mobile app and the website are supported now. You can cast to many TV devices through the mobile app. For specific device help, go to our device setup page: https://www.vidangel.com/devices/support
- Check your Internet: Try connecting to another website or restarting your modem. We recommend an internet speed of 25 MB/s or higher for our service to work optimally. You can check your speed at fast.com.
- Disable AdBlock or other pop-up block software on your computer for our website.
- Approve our site for services such as Router Limits, Bark, The Cleaner Net, Disney Circle, and NetNanny.
- services such as NetNanny can block the login ability on our site, so if whitelisting us does not solve the issue, please disable it for our website.
- For some reason, Disney Circle likes to block us. You can easily bypass this filter by adding a "Custom Filter" for Vidangel.com under the "Filter Level" settings.
- Are you using a VPN or a mobile hotspot? If so, you will not be able to cast to a TV device.
If you continue to have issues, we are so sorry. Send us a message at Support@VidAngel.com and we’ll be happy to help.