We are so sorry to hear your movie isn’t working! We are excited for this new system, but here are some steps to resolve a few issues we've seen so far.
General Troubleshooting Steps
There are a few tried-and-true steps that seem to help way more often than you would think. Before moving on to any other troubleshooting steps, give these things a try:
- Log out and log back in
- Disconnect and reconnect to your streaming services
- Restart your device
- Check for app updates
- Make sure your subscription is active. You can check your subscription status on our website in the top right under the profile name > Settings/Subscription > "Monthly Subscription".
There are a few other minor issues that could be causing the hiccups you’re seeing. Here are a few things to check:
- Account Screens. If all of your allowed screens are in use, your movie won’t play through VidAngel. (the best way to check this is to go to Netflix/Amazon and try to play the movie directly)
- Connection Issues. Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the link to the service the movie is provided through.
- Is this movie a rental? When movies aren't available through Amazon Prime or Netflix, they could be a movie that needs to be rented or purchased before watching. When this is the case, you must buy or rent the movie on Amazon first, then return to VidAngel to watch with filters.
- Is the service the movie is from listed? When movies are taken off or added to a streaming service, our system may not update with the change. If the service is not listed, then we will need to filter the new version and update our system. Please reach out to us at Support@VidAngel.com and let us know.
Right now certain filter combinations are causing errors in our system that prevent movies from playing. Try changing your filter combinations and re-loading the movie if you are experiencing any of the following issues:
- Spinning wheels of death/long movie loading times
- Only the VidAngel pre-movie bumper video plays
- The error “HLS Video Not Available” appears in top corner
- Movie stalls or gives a grey box with the movie title
It may take a few attempts, but a filter change could solve it. If not, then it's part of a known error we are working to resolve as quickly as possible.
If you see movies where ALL of the filters are automatically selected when you load the movie, this is a sign the movie is experiencing the same error as above. It is possible that a filter change will help this movie play as well -- but if that doesn’t work, hang tight; our Tech Team is on the case.
Other Troubleshooting Suggestions
- Check your device: What device are you using to watch the movie? For specific device help, go to our device setup page: https://www.vidangel.com/devices/support
- Check your Internet: Try connecting to another website or restarting your modem. We recommend an internet speed of 25 mb/s or higher for our service to work optimally. You can check your speed at fast.com.
- Disable AdBlock or other pop-up block software on your computer for our website.
- Approve our site for services such as Disney Circle and NetNanny.
- NetNanny can block the login ability on our site, so if whitelisting us does not solve the issue, please disable it for our website.
- For some reason, Disney Circle likes to block us. You can easily bypass this filter by adding a "Custom Filter" for Vidangel.com under the "Filter Level" settings.
If you continue to have issues, we are so sorry. Send us a message at Support@VidAngel.com and we’ll be happy to help.