Please note that VidAngel will only work on 4th generation Apple TVs or newer.
- From your Apple TV Device, open the App Store.
- Search for “VidAngel” using the search box or voice activation on your remote.
- Click on the VidAngel app and choose to Install.
- You should now see the VidAngel app icon on your main screen.
- To use VidAngel filtering, you must complete 2 steps:
* Link your Apple TV to your VidAngel account (instructions below).
* Set your Default Filters online here: www.vidangel.com/filters
Linking to your VidAngel Account
- Click on "sign in" and then choose to sign in with a code. I think we should tell them to log in to their account at www.vidangel.com and then click on the profile icon in the top right corner and then choose "devices" from the drop down menu and then to choose "Apple TV" and name the device whatever they want and THEN, enter the 5-letter code. They can also update their billing, if needed, and set their default filter here.
- Apple TV will present a 5-letter code.
- From a web browser, sign into your VidAngel account, click on your profile icon near the top right corner and click Devices. You may also go here.
- Choose Apple TV, enter a device name (e.g. Basement Apple TV), then enter your 5-letter code.
- After you have entered the code, the Apple TV will refresh and confirm the device is linked. It may take up to 30 seconds for the screen to refresh.
- You may also choose to update your billing, if needed, and set your Default Filters.
- You're all set! You can now enjoy movies from your Apple TV.
- On our homepage, click on CONNECT SERVICE.
- Select the service you would like to connect to.
- Log into your account using your credentials for that specific service.
- That's it! Once you are connected, you will see a blue check mark next to the service.
- Make sure that you are connected to your streaming services.
- Find the movie you would like to watch and select FILTERS.
- Set your filters.
To activate a filter, click (or swipe) over to the sound or movie icon for the filter you want, then click Select.
If the filter is gray with a line through it, you will not see or hear those items.
If the filter is white and fully visible, you will see and hear those items.
Clicking on the blue arrow will expand each category, allowing you to filter a subcategory or a specific word in the movie.
Once your filters are set, press SAVE FILTERS and enjoy your movie. For more information on how to set filters, check out this article.
Apple TV with AirPlay
If you are going to AirPlay your movie to your Apple TV, here are some steps for using AirPlay to watch your movie.
If you have any trouble, try hard closing your app. Here's how:
Step 1: Press the Home button on the remote to return to the Apple TV’s Home screen.
Step 2: Now double press the Home button to invoke the app switcher.
Step 3: Highlight an app by swiping left and right on the remote’s Touch surface.
Step 4: Swipe up on the Touch surface to force-quit the selected app.
Step 5: To exit the app switcher and return to the Home screen, simply press the Home button on the remote.
If you have any trouble or need any help, please let us know at support@VidAngel.com.