Error 102 "Your account type does not allow you to access this content."
There are a few reasons why you may see Error 102 while trying to watch an Amazon title:
1. You do not own the Amazon movie or currently have it rented.
- Some movies aren’t available on Amazon Prime, so you’ll need to rent or purchase them on Amazon before you can watch it with filters on VidAngel.
- Here are some instructions for verifying ownership and troubleshooting your rental.
2. You have purchased or rented the wrong version of your movie.
- With the exception of a few titles, we are only able to filter theatrical versions at this time, so make sure that the version you purchase matches the one we offer.
- You can send us some information to make sure you own the correct version.
Here's how you can send us what we need to get this fixed:
1. Log into Amazon and go to your library page where it shows you purchased/rented the movie: https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html/ref=nav_youraccount_myk#/home/content/video/dateDsc/
2. Underneath the "Your Content" section, click the drop-down next to "Show" and select "Instant Video".
3.Once you've done that, click the box with three dots to the left movie title that's not working.
4. This will bring up the movie poster and a hyperlink of the movie title. Right click on the movie title hyperlink and select "copy link address."
5. Paste that link address into your response to us. Your link address should look similar to this:
3. You do not have an active VidAngel subscription.
- You can check the status of your subscription by clicking on the profile icon near the top right corner > Settings/Subscription > Monthly Subscription. If you don’t see a subscription and you know you have one, then it’s probably under another email address. Here are some instructions on how to subscribe.
4. Either you don't have Prime or you are not connected to Amazon Prime.
- Go to https://www.vidangel.com/services and connect to Amazon Prime. You will see a blue check mark once you are connected.
- If you are already connected, disconnect then reconnect. Sometimes you need a fresh connection.
5. The title you’re trying to watch isn’t available on Amazon anymore.
You can check this by searching for it on Amazon. You’ll be able to see if it’s available on Prime or not. If you find this is the case, please let us know so we can make the change on our site.
If none of these suggestions work, let us know and we can take a deeper look into this issue.