Have you purchased or rented movies or TV shows through Amazon but it's still asking you to rent/purchase? There are a few reasons this may be happening:
1. We don't have filters for the version of the movie that was purchased. Currently we only filter the Theatrical version of movies, with the exception of a few titles. Make sure to look at the movie on our website to ensure that you have the correct version. You can also reach out to us if you are unsure. We hope to be able to provide filters for bonus content and UHD 4K or extended versions of movies in the future.
2. We cannot stream titles owned by the Plaintiffs in our former lawsuit. This includes: Disney, Lucas Films, Warner Bros., 20th Century Fox, Marvel, New Line Cinemas, Turner Pictures and their subsidiaries. These titles have been removed from our site. You can read about the end of the lawsuit here.
3. We simply do not have the title available yet. We are adding titles as fast as we possibly can. In order to prepare movies for filtering, our Tagging Team needs to go through and set up all the filters, which can take time. You are welcome to email us at support@VidAngel.com to request shows.
4. Your Amazon account is not connected properly or you have the incorrect Amazon account connected. This may sound silly but some families use multiple Amazon accounts or have shared Amazon accounts and don't have the correct account selected when connecting to VidAngel. You can test your Amazon connection by playing a movie on VidAngel from Amazon Prime (like Jack Ryan). If it does not play, then you are not connected properly. The best way to reset your connection is to disconnect then reconnect to Amazon.
Click Here for help disconnecting and reconnecting Amazon.
5. Are you using Movies Anywhere? If so, wait a few minutes; your movies may take a bit of time to sync. Also, not all studios participate in Movies Anywhere and Movies Anywhere only applies to owned movies, not TV shows.
Keep in mind that the version of the movie may change in the porting process between Amazon and Movies Anywhere. You can check your Amazon account to verify which version is in your Amazon library.
Here is a video on how to use Movies Anywhere with our service.
If none of these apply to you, please reach out to us at Support@VidAngel.com. We are always happy to help.