Amazon sends a code to verify that you are you. Once you enter the code, you should be able to complete the connection process. Sometimes there can be a hiccup in this process, which can result in one of the situations below.
Do any of the situations below apply to you?
- I am receiving multiple codes from Amazon.
- The code I enter does not work.
- I do not see where to enter the code.
- I am receiving a code from Amazon while watching a movie.
If so, here are some troubleshooting steps to try.
- Reset your connection with Amazon
- Disconnect from Amazon on VidAngel
- Go to Amazon directly, logout and then log back in
- Reconnect to Amazon on VidAngel
- Do you have 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) turned on?
- When you log into Amazon.com, are you required to enter a code sent to your phone? Here's an article from Amazon's help site that shows how this is done: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201962420
- Make sure that you can log into Amazon.com without any issues. Test a few movies to ensure that your subscription is still active.
- Make sure you are typing in the code correctly and that you are using the most recent code sent to you. If not, Amazon will automatically send another code.
- If you continue to have trouble, you can change your password at Amazon.com and then try connecting to VidAngel again using that new password.
If you are still having trouble after completing the steps above, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know whether you are receiving this code when trying to connect Amazon to VidAngel, or while playing a movie from Amazon.