Q: Why can’t I find my Roku (or other) device on the new VidAngel app?
A: First, please make sure you’ve tried these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Is your Roku turned on and all set up?
- Is your phone’s WiFi turned on and on the same network as your Roku?
- Have you tried force/hard closing the VidAngel app and rebooting both devices?
- Do you have the most updated version of the VidAngel app?
If you have gone through all of these and you’re still having trouble, some possibilities are that your internet is too weak to register that device is there waiting or you may need to update your Roku.
One other possibility is that many home routers these days have what is known as “AP isolation.” This prevents devices on the same WiFi network from talking to each other. You may need to check your router settings to make sure AP isolation is turned off. The process for this is different depending on your router, so a quick Google search or look at your user manual should tell you how to turn this off.
Q: Why can’t I connect to Netflix? Error 100
A: Connections are made directly on the Netflix site. If you’re receiving this error please make sure you’re entering in your login credentials correctly (no CapsLock, extra spaces, etc.). If you’re sure that it’s correct, then you likely just need to update your Netflix password. Because our servers are across the country, Netflix may see a login from somewhere else on your account and flag it as suspicious. So please go directly to Netflix, update your password and then you should be able to connect to VidAngel with your new credentials.
Note: Even if you can still access Netflix on some devices, if you log out and try to log back in, you will likely be asked to update your password.
Q: Why can’t I connect to Amazon? It keeps looping back to the login screen.
A: Please make sure you have the most updated version of the app. You can check which version you have by going to the “Me” menu in the app. You can see the most recent version here:
Q: My Amazon rental / purchase will not work.
A: Please refer to this help article: How do Amazon Rentals Work on VidAngel's New App
Q: Why is Chromecast not working?
A: We’re sorry if you’re having trouble with Chromecast! We’d like you to try a few things to see if they will help.
First, please force/hard close the VidAngel app, and then reboot your devices (phone/tablet and your Chromecast). Some people have had to force close their VidAngel app 2 or 3 times before it finally connected.
If these suggestions do not help, we’d like to gather some more information to help our tech team solve this issue faster. Please click Submit a Request at the top right of this article or use this link: (https://support.vidangel.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).
- What device are you casting from?
- What VidAngel app version is on that device?
- What button are you pressing to start the cast?
- 1. The one in the top right corner (Chromecast icon) before pressing PLAY?
- 2. Are you pressing the "Send To TV" button and then choosing your Chromecast device from the drop-down menu?
- 3. Or are you starting your movie and then pausing it - pressing the Chromecast icon in the top right corner and then starting it again through that Chromecast button that pops up?
This information will be very helpful. We greatly appreciate your patience and you’re willingness to troubleshoot with us. Thank you!