Q: Why can’t I find my TV device with the VidAngel app?
A: First, please make sure you’ve tried these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Is your TV device turned on and all set up?
- Try rebooting the router/modem, mobile device and TV streaming device all at the same time. Unplug them from power for at least 30 seconds to allow them to fully power down before plugging them back in again.
- Is your phone’s WIFI turned on and on the same network as your TV device? You may want to disconnect WIFI on both devices and reconnect to be sure.
- Try force/hard closing the VidAngel app.
- Do you have the most updated version of the VidAngel app? You can check in the App Store on your mobile device to see if you need any app updates.
- Does your TV device or mobile device need an update? Please check for any updates and try to update even if the device says it is up to date already.
- Have you checked the router for AP Isolation? AP Isolation is a feature of wireless routers that enables you to create a separate virtual network for each wireless client that is connected to a network name or SSID. When this feature is enabled, all wireless devices in the network will not be able to communicate with each other, preventing unwanted hacking.
- Is WIFI Direct enabled on your phone/tablet?
- Is Screen Mirroring enabled on the TV device?
Trouble with casting to your Roku? You can use the native Roku app - no need to cast! You can read about getting that setup here.
If you still prefer casting, but are having trouble, you can find out if your Roku is able to connect by using the Roku mobile app. If the Roku mobile app cannot see the Roku device either, Roku has everything you need here to get this resolved: Why Does the Roku Mobile App Not See My Roku Streaming Device?
If you have gone through all of these and you’re still having trouble, some possibilities are that your internet is too weak to register that the device is there waiting, or you have a dual-band router and the devices are on different signals.
Q: Why can’t I connect to Amazon? It keeps looping back to the login screen.
A: Please make sure you have the most updated version of the VidAngel app. You can check which version you have by going to the “Me” menu in the app. You can see the most recent version here:
If you have already connected to Amazon but it is stuck looping when trying to access a title, please go to "ME" then "Manage Streaming Services" and disconnect there. Then return to the movie and try again.
If that does not work, try selecting the button that says "Other Streaming Services" and be sure you have selected the proper streaming service before trying again.
If it's still giving you trouble, please uninstall and re-install the VidAngel app.
If you have an iOS device be sure to hard/force close the VidAngel app before uninstalling it.
Q: My Amazon rental/purchase will not work.
A: Please refer to this help article: How do Amazon Rentals Work on VidAngel's New App
Q: Why is Chromecast not working?
A: We’re sorry if you’re having trouble with Chromecast! We’d like you to try a few things to see if they will help.
First, please force/hard close the VidAngel app, and then reboot your devices (phone/tablet and your Chromecast). Some people have had to force close their VidAngel app 2 or 3 times before it finally connected.
To reboot the Chromecast, please use the Google Home app. Here is a link for instructions from Google: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7021381?hl=en
If these suggestions do not help, we’d like to gather some more information to help our tech team solve this issue faster. Please click Submit a Request at the top right of this article or use this link: (https://support.vidangel.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).
- What device are you casting from?
- What VidAngel app version is on that device?
- What button are you pressing to start the cast?
- 1. The one in the top right corner (Chromecast icon) before pressing PLAY?
- 2. Are you pressing the "Send To TV" button and then choosing your Chromecast device from the drop-down menu?
- 3. Or are you starting your movie and then pausing it - pressing the Chromecast icon in the top right corner and then starting it again through that Chromecast button that pops up?
This information will be very helpful. We greatly appreciate your patience and your willingness to troubleshoot with us. Thank you!
Q: Why can’t I connect to Netflix? Error 100
A: Connections are made directly on the Netflix site. If you’re receiving this error please make sure you’re entering your login credentials correctly (no CapsLock, extra spaces, etc.). If you’re sure that it’s correct, then you likely just need to update your Netflix password. Because our servers are across the country, Netflix may see a login from somewhere else on your account and flag it as suspicious.
Please be aware that Netflix is starting to watch log in's carefully and they will freeze a password if they feel like something may be wrong. If there are too many login's on an account, or people are logging in from different devices or locations, Netflix may trigger a password freeze.
You simply need to visit www.Netflix.com to change the password and then return to VidAngel to get a fresh connection. Feel free to stay logged into Netflix after changing the password and then change the password right back to what it was before. That way, you do not need to remember a new password.
If you get error 100, please go directly to Netflix, update your password and then you should be able to connect to VidAngel with your new credentials.
Note: Even if you can still access Netflix on some devices, if you log out and try to log back in, you will likely be asked to update your password.