Having trouble casting your filtered movie to your TV from the mobile app?
Using the VidAngel mobile app, you can cast to your Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV (using an iOS device), and Samsung Smart TV (using an Android device).
Just to make sure you have tried all the basic troubleshooting, we'd like to share some things for you to try:
- Is your TV device turned on and on the correct TV input (i.e. Is your TV device turned on and ready to go)?
- Is your phone’s WiFi turned on and on the same network as your TV device? (Dual-band routers offer a 2.4G and a 5G signal, make sure both devices are on the same one.)
- Do you use a VPN? VPN services will not allow you to cast because the network is scrambled from device to device.
- Do you use a "Hotspot"? A "Hotspot" offers a different signal, so the device that is casting uses a different one than the device receiving the cast.
- Have you tried force/hard closing the VidAngel app and rebooting both devices? Rebooting and updating both devices usually helps a lot more often than you may think. With your TV devices be sure you try unplugging them, waiting a bit, and then plug them back in.
- Do you have the most updated version of the VidAngel app on your mobile device? You can check that here: iOS and Android
- Do you have your TV device updated? Please double-check to make sure you do not need an update on that device.
- Have you tried rebooting your router or modem (or both)? Often times a good reboot helps!
- Do you have Network Service Discovery or NSD enabled on your mobile device and the TV device? You will need to allow the mobile and the TV device to communicate with other devices on the same network. You can find the settings to allow Network Service Discovery or NSD in your device settings.
- Does your router use AP Isolation? A lot of home routers these days have what is known as AP isolation, where they prevent devices on the same wifi network from talking to each other. You could check your router settings to make sure AP isolation is turned off.
- Have you verified that the TV device is receiving a strong internet signal? We recommend 25 Mbps or higher to cast VidAngel filtered movies. You can test your speed at fast.com
If possible, be sure to test your internet speed on the device(s) you are using with VidAngel, as speeds can vary from device to device.
- Do you use any Parental network limiting devices like NetNanny or Circle? If so, please make sure that VidAngel is on the approved apps list.
If you have gone through all of these and you’re still having trouble, we apologize. We will do our best to fix any issues with our system to get you back to watching on your TV as soon as possible. Just reach out to VidAngel Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we know there is an issue you cannot resolve with these troubleshooting steps.