Having trouble using VidAngel on the web? Here are some troubleshooting tips to help.
If you experience technical issues while streaming, such as the movie skipping or failing to play, try the following troubleshooting steps:
* Many technical problems can be avoided by using Google Chrome. You can download it for free here.
* Make sure you install the Google Chrome extension for VidAngel. You can click on the puzzle piece in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser to see if the VidAngel extension is installed. If it is not, you can disconnect from Amazon or Netflix on VidAngel to prompt the installation.
* If you are already using Chrome, yet still experiencing technical difficulties, try clearing your cache:
- In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu (the icon with three horizontal lines).
- Select More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
If you experience trouble starting the movie or TV show:
1. Make sure that title is still being offered by the service you are trying to use. Sometimes Amazon or Netflix remove titles and sometimes we can miss these changes.
2. Make sure you have connected Netflix and/or Amazon using the credentials for that service. You can check that your services are successfully connected under Manage Services under the Profile Icon or click here.
3. Verify your internet speed is sufficient for movie streaming. We recommend at least 25 Mb/s. You can test for free at www.fast.com
Having trouble with your Amazon Pin:
Amazon has a feature where you can create a Parental Pin. This pin is required for movies that fit the viewing restrictions set on the Amazon Video account you're using. If you need to reset those restrictions or the pin, you will need to do so through your Amazon account directly. Go to www.amazon.com and log in. Then you'll need to go to Your Account > Prime Video Settings > Parental Controls.
Having trouble with your Netflix Pin:
Netflix isn't offering the parental pin any longer. To solve this error you will go to your Netflix, then select Account. On the main profile go to Viewing Restrictions and set what rating you want to allow (this is Netflix's new way of limiting content when watching directly through Netflix). Then go back to VidAngel, log out and back in to refresh the changes and try again.
If you continue to have trouble, please let us know.